Pages

Saturday 22 October 2011

Mocha Morning

Actually it was more of a latte than a mocha morning for me! I've just got home from visiting my lovely downline Tracy. It was her birthday this week so I popped round with her card and a bottle of bubbly and took some breakfast too, didn't make it mind, got it from Maccy D's!!! So here is the card I made for Tracy:


I've used the very delish Mocha Morning papers, like many other demos, I find myself wanting to just sit and stroke these papers, some are flocked and fluffy and others have a lush pearl effect to them. Hmm, must get another pack purely to admire and not use! I've made Tracy's card using Very Vanilla, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake card, teamed up with the yummy new Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon. Here's the front:


I've stamped the image from the Hostess Set Happiest Birthday Wishes in Soft Suede and cut out using the Big Shot Lots of tags sizzlets set. Do you lurve the Antique Brad? Next up the middle of the card:


I love the oval embossed frame, it's a set of two called Designer Frames. The Extra Large Oval punch fits perfectly in the centre. I've created the sentiment by combining stamps from For My Family. Finally the third part of the card:


You can see here I've used the Big Shot Stripes Embossing folder - I have on the front too but it didn't show up too well on the photo. The sentiment is again from Happiest Birthday Wishes. Hope you like it. I was very much inspired to make this after some I'd seen on Jenny Moores' blog.

I have to race now to get myself ready for the Max Paper Craft Show in Nottingham tomorrow, so much still to get done...eeek! Don't forget if you come to the show to visit my stand - I have Stampin' Up! goody bags for just £5 plus retired sets and punches for sale as well as a fabulous display, demonstrations and Make and Takes too!

The show is at the Harvey Hadden Stadium in Bilborough and doors open 10am - 3pm. I believe a chap called Nigel off a certain craft channel is also going to be there!

hugs
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Victoria and good luck with the show
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Victoria. I am having problems cutting into my mocha papers-i know i will have to but i like the idea of getting another pack to be just mine to stroke and admire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh those papers are lush! Gorgeous card :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is even nicer in real life. It was lovely to sse you yesterday Victoria and breakie was an added bonus :) Good luck at the show today xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love this card. Can I take the idea of folding for one of mine because I 'd like to do something like yours?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x