Pages

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Fresh Vintage with a Fresh Twist

Are you itching to know more about the FREEBIES you could earn this year during Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration promotion? Well today I'm going to share the Fresh Vintage set with you. I normally shy away a bit from vintage stuff as I think it's not me. But here's a hint as to what I did with it:


Not looking very vintage is it? Want to see the stamp set? Do ya? OK, here it is:

Fab set I think and it has a coordinating Postage Punch which you can find in the Spring Mini. Also it coordinates with the Triple Layer Doily Punch - bonus! To top that it has coordinating Designer Papers available in the Sale-A-Bration Menu too, Everyday Enchantment:


Both are very lovely, but my problem is that I look at them together and then I can only see that colour combination so I have to seek a colour combo elsewhere. Luckily (I think) for me, I have some bright colours in my home and this cute pink glass teamed up with this photo album worked their magic for me:


Excuse the reflection of a huge pile of outdoor toys - the conservatoire is the only place to get enough light to take photos and, as yet, I've not had chance to clear it out since we bundled everything away for the winter. So I've made another take out box using the Petal Cone Die and a matching card too. To give the Fresh Vintage stamps a different feel, I used Island Indigo card and stamped using Versamark Ink and heat embossed with Melon Mambo embossing powder.


The box is held closed with some matching Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon and a tag made using the Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch plus an In Colour coordinating printed brad. Its held on with a clip but you can't see it very well.

Hmm - going to have to look around the house more often to see what colour combos I can find!

Hugs
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I am loving your colour combination, so bright and cheery. Just right to brighten this damp squid of a day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh utterly gorgeous Victoria and woo hoo I am now back here so can get me grubby mitts on these. Love your creations sweetie.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on this and use of other colours. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x