Pages

Saturday 7 June 2014

Stampin' Up! Flower Shop Tutorial

Ooh the weather has certainly hit the UK today, although so far we've been lucky and not had a storm yet - just rain, and lots of it! My boys are on hail watch and are disappointed not to have seen cricket ball sized hail stones yet (they saw them on You Tube!).

Anyhoo, wet outside means Jelly indoors and creating and I've combined my love of paper craft with my love of sewing for you today.

Stampin_Up

I've used Flower Shop stamp set from Stampin' Up! along with some fabric scraps. I haven't done machine embroidery since I studied Textile Design at university! Great to get back to it and something I'm definitely going to be doing more of. 

Here are a few close ups for you:

Stampin_Up

OK, here's  how to create the look

  1. Iron on some fusible interfacing to the back of your fabric scraps - I cut the squares to fit over the image before I started. This makes the fabric a little firmer for sewing.
  2. Stamp the flower image onto the right side of the fabric using StazOn ink.
  3. Choose whatever colour thread you want to use and start stitching overt he stamped image. I've used a mix of stitches and messed around with the presser foot down and up. There's no right or wrong way to go about it - just have fun!

Stampin_Up_Tutorial

4.  I went around the flowers again in white thread as a bit of a contrast
5.  Cut the flowers out and pop to one side
6.  I cut a strip of fabric and sewed directly on to a layer of Crumb Cake card, again using whatever stitches you like and have on your machine.

Stampin_up_tutorial

 Once you're happy - just stick everything in place, I used Mini Glue Dots and added some Subtles Designer Buttons too. My sentiment is from Layered Labels which I'm gutted to say is one of the Stampin' Up! retiring products. 

You can view all the current Retiring Stampin' Up! products in my Stampin' Up! Shop

If you're a fan of combining crafts I'd love to hear from you - leave me a message with a link to your blog so I can hop over for a look.

Hugs
Victoria
x



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Wow love your idea of the fabrics flowers.I think I will dig out my fabrics

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x